GOP AG Candidate Announces 36 Endorsements, Including 21 LegislatorsApril 2, 2018
John Shaban is a former state representative, and is one of two Republican candidates running for attorney general of Connecticut.
John Shaban, a former Republican state representative and current candidate for attorney general of Connecticut, announced 36 endorsements last week. A majority of the endorsements (21 of 36) were from current state legislators.
Shaban’s statement came with what appears to be a subtle dig about current Attorney General George Jepsen (D-Conn.), for seeking to make “headlines” as attorney general rather than “making people safe and prosperous.”
“I am honored by the support of so many Republican leaders across the state of Connecticut,” Shaban said. “I will work tirelessly to ensure that the AG’s office is more focused on making people safe and prosperous, and less on making headlines. If we work as a team, we will win as a team.”
Jepsen is not running for reelection, but he is looking at a busy 2018. He endorsed Ned Lamont for governor last week. In his stead, several Democratic candidates are running.
On the Republican side, one other candidate, Susan Hatfield, is running against Shaban for the GOP nomination.
Shaban’s full list of endorsements:
- State Rep Vinnie Candelora – Durham, Guilford, North Branford, Wallingford
- State Rep Jason Perillo – Shelton
- State Rep Tony D’Amelio – Waterbury
- State Rep David Labriola – Naugatuck, Oxford, Southbury
- State Rep Fred Camillo – Greenwich
- State Rep Mike Bocchino – Greenwich
- State Rep Chris Davis – East Windsor, Ellington
- State Rep Ben McGorty – Shelton, Stratford, Trumbull
- State Rep J.P. Stredzinski – Monroe, Newtown
- State Rep Steve Harding – Brookfield, Bethel, Danbury
- State Rep Rich Smith – New Fairfield, Sherman, New Milford, Danbury
- State Rep Adam Dunsby – Easton, Redding
- State Rep Tom O’Dea – New Canaan
- State Senator John Kissel – Granby, East Granby, Enfield, Somers, Suffield, Windsor Locks and Windsor; Senate Co-Chair Judiciary Committee, Vice-Chair General Law
- State Senator George Logan – Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Derby, Hamden, Naugatuck and Woodbridge, Senate Co-Chair Planning and Development
- State Rep Sam Belsito – Ashford, Tolland, Willington
- State Rep Gail Lavielle – Norwalk, Westport, Wilton
- State Rep Bill Simanski – Barkhamsted, Granby, Hartland and New Hartford
- State Rep Fred Wilms – Norwalk, New Canaan
- State Rep Dave Yaccarino – North Haven
- State Rep Jesse MacLachlan – Clinton, Killingworth, Westbrook
Town and city leaders
- Jayme Stevenson – First Selectman Darien, candidate for Lieutenant Governor
- Laura Hoydick – Mayor of Stratford
- Adam Dunsby – Easton First Selectman
- Dave Moulton, Barkhamsted Board of Finance
- Jim Marpe – First Selectman Westport
- Jen Tooker – Selectman Westport
- Steve Vavrek – former First Selectman Monroe
Republican Party leaders
- Victor Cavallo – Norwalk RTC chair
- Steven Walko – Greenwich RTC chair
- Alan Levy – State Central Rep
- Marianne Clark – State Central Committee, 8th District (Avon, Barkhamsted, Canton, Colebrook, Granby, Hartland, Harwinton, New Hartford, Norfolk, Simsbury and Torrington)
- Jim Riling – Easton RTC Chairman
- Pete Wolgast – Westport RTC
- Peter Nolin – Norwalk RTC
- Woody Bliss – Weston RTC Treasurer, former First Selectman
Want to see more content like this?
Sign up for Email updates.