Q Poll: Lamont Leads Stefanowski By 8 in CT-Gov. RaceOctober 10, 2018
Quinnipiac wrote in a release that women are delivering Ned Lamont his lead in the Connecticut gubernatorial race, with four weeks to go.
Women are supporting Ned Lamont over Bob Stefanowski by a 22-point margin, and that is helping deliver Lamont an eight-point lead with just weeks to go to Election Day, according to a new poll from Quinnipiac released Wednesday.
In a three-way race between Lamont, Stefanowski, and independent Oz Griebel, Lamont pulls 47 percent of the vote, Stefanowski earns 39 percent, and Griebel has 11 percent.
Interestingly, Griebel is earning a higher proportion of Democratic votes (nine percent) than he is Republican votes (five percent), suggesting that in a race without Griebel Lamont may have an even larger lead.
Here are some of the key crosstabs:
- Among Republicans, Stefanowski leads Lamont 90-2, and Griebel 90-5
- Among Democrats, Lamont leads Stefanowski 87-3, and Griebel 87-9
- Among independents, Lamont leads Stefanowski 42-36; Griebel pulls nearly one in five independents (18 percent)
- Among men, Stefanowski leads 46-41; Griebel earns nine percent
- Among women, Lamont leads 53-31; Griebel earns 13 percent
- Among voters who say the economy is the most important issue (31 percent), Lamont leads Stefanowski 53-37
- Among voters who say taxes are the most important issue (26 percent), Stefanowski leads Lamont 58-30
- Among voters who say government spending is the most important issue (24 percent), Stefanowski leads Lamont 46-30
- Among voters who say the education is the most important issue (13 percent), Lamont leads Stefanowski a staggering 82-3; Griebel earns 12 percent of the vote
Lamont’s lead of eight points is smaller than his lead in Quinnipiac’s August poll, which was 13 points. Lamont went up one point from August to October (46 percent to 47 percent), Stefanowski rose nine points (33 percent to 39 percent), and Griebel improved his standing seven points (four percent to 11 percent).
Want to see more content like this?
Sign up for Email updates.