Read All 16 “Closing Argument” Interviews With Statewide CandidatesMay 10, 2018
Reclaim Connecticut talked to 16 candidates running for statewide office – including eight running for governor – over the past 10 days.
On Thursday, Reclaim Connecticut wrapped up publishing its unprecedented, 16-part “Closing Argument” series, one day ahead of the start of the CT GOP convention on Friday.
We checked in with candidates for governor, lieutenant governor, treasurer, attorney general, comptroller, U.S. Senate, and U.S. House, giving them all a chance to make their case to convention delegates and voters.
Here are links to all 16 interviews.
- Mayor Mark Boughton (R-Danbury)
- Former First Selectman Tim Herbst (R-Trumbull)
- Rep. Prasad Srinivasan (R-Glastonbury)
- Businessman Steve Obsitnik
- Businessman David Stemerman
- Stamford CFO Mike Handler
- Former U.S. comptroller general Dave Walker
- Mayor Mark Lauretti (R-Shelton)
Also running: Mayor Erin Stewart (R-New Britain) and businessman Peter Lumaj.
Running, but not competing at this weekend’s convention: Bob Stefanowski.
- State Sen. Joe Markley (R-Southington)
Also running: First Selectman Jayme Stevenson (R-Darien), and Erin Stewart running mate First Selectman Peter Tesei (R-Greenwich).
- Attorney and former state representative John Shaban
Also running: Attorney and nurse Susan Hatfield.
- First Selectman Kurt Miller (R-Seymour)
- Businessman and former congressional candidate Mark Greenberg
- Businessman Dominic Rapini
Also running: businessman Matt Corey, former gubernatorial candidate Joe Visconti
U.S. HOUSE, 5TH DISTRICT
- Businessman Rich DuPont
Also running: former university professor Ruby O’Neill, Ex-Mayor Manny Santos (R-Meriden)
Want to see more content like this?
Sign up for Email updates.